Обсуждение: Allow an alias for the target table in UPDATE

Allow an alias for the target table in UPDATE

От
Atsushi Ogawa
Дата:
I am interested in a following item in TODO.

o Allow an alias to be provided for the target table in UPDATE/DELETE This is not SQL-spec but many DBMSs allow it.

I think that this functionality is useful for the migration from
other RDBMS. However the SQL92 spec does not allow an alias for
the target table in UPDATE.
Is it still TODO? If it is TODO, I will try it.

--- Atsushi Ogawa

Re: Allow an alias for the target table in UPDATE

Дата:
Atsushi Ogawa wrote:
> I am interested in a following item in TODO.
>
> o Allow an alias to be provided for the target table in
>   UPDATE/DELETE
>   This is not SQL-spec but many DBMSs allow it.
>
> I think that this functionality is useful for the migration from
> other RDBMS. However the SQL92 spec does not allow an alias for
> the target table in UPDATE.
> Is it still TODO? If it is TODO, I will try it.

Yes, this is still a valid TODO item.

Pennsylvania19073