Обсуждение: Re: Install issue on Windows and directory

Re: Install issue on Windows and directory

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Are you talking about "make install", "initdb", or somethingi else?

In any event, is it really something you want to give "Everyone"
the right to directly modify?

-Kevin

>>> "Gevik babakhani" <gevik@xs4all.nl>  >>>

Here I found an installation issue:

- I was installing pg 8.1 on a Windows 2000 box.

- I chose a different folder than default (D:\PGSERVER did not exist
yet)

- When installing, the setup complained about not being able to write
into
the directory

- I check the directory permissions and saw that the "Everyone" group
does
not have "Modify" permissions

- After setting the "Modify"  permission, the setup continued and
finished
okay.

Re: Install issue on Windows and directory

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
He's talking about the installer, I think (and so should really be
asking on the installer site at
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller , or at any rate not on -hackers.

cheers

andrew

Kevin Grittner wrote:

>Are you talking about "make install", "initdb", or somethingi else?
>
>In any event, is it really something you want to give "Everyone"
>the right to directly modify?
>
>-Kevin

>Here I found an installation issue:
>
>- I was installing pg 8.1 on a Windows 2000 box.
>
>- I chose a different folder than default (D:\PGSERVER did not exist
>yet)
>
>- When installing, the setup complained about not being able to write
>into
>the directory
>
>- I check the directory permissions and saw that the "Everyone" group
>does
>not have "Modify" permissions
>
>- After setting the "Modify"  permission, the setup continued and
>finished
>okay.

Re: Install issue on Windows and directorypermission

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
> Are you talking about "make install", "initdb", or somethingi else?
Not just the windows setup MSI. Without permissions to everyone it won't
install

Дата:
Gevik,

this list is the wrong place to discuss this - please ask on the
installer project site on the link I gave in an earlier reply.

cheers

andrew