Обсуждение: Surge in MySQL converters

Surge in MySQL converters

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
Hi All,

Just thought the hackers might be interested to know that there has been
a serious surge in the number of people in #postgresql coming in with
questions related to switching from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Maybe it's something to do with Innobase - a few of them have
specifically mentioned that.

The no. 1 thing that people ask about is converting ENUMs.  No.2 is
probably configuring pg_hba.conf...

Chris

Re: Surge in MySQL converters

От
Andrew Dunstan

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> The no. 1 thing that people ask about is converting ENUMs.

There was some discussion a while back about enums, but it petered out.
If I have time I intend to follow this up in the 8.2 time frame:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-07/msg00959.php

chyeers

andrew