Обсуждение: PG 8.0: the launch clock is running

PG 8.0: the launch clock is running

Дата:
Current plans are to wrap the PG 8.0 final tarball Monday evening, with
public announcement Wednesday morning ("morning" and "evening" measured
in North American east coast time zones).  The slightly longer than
usual delay is to let the Windows installer team put up a final Windows
installer package before public announcement; also we may be able to
have RPMs etc available at launch.

If you've got a problem with this plan, speak now ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: PG 8.0: the launch clock is running

Дата:
... er, no it isn't.

The patch for the "SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted" bug seems not
totally trivial; between that and the fact that we were already shaving
the testing interval for RC4, the core committee feels we can't go ahead
with pushing out 8.0 today.

We'll push an RC5 tonight instead, with hopes of wrapping 8.0 final next
Monday and announcing next Wednesday; in other words, a one-week slip.
        regards, tom lane