Обсуждение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Support renaming of tablespaces, and

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Support renaming of tablespaces, and

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> Support renaming of tablespaces, and changing the owners of
> aggregates, conversions, functions, operators, operator classes,
> schemas, types, and tablespaces.  Fold the existing implementations
> of alter domain owner and alter database owner in with these.

Regression tests weren't appropriate?

Chris

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Support renaming of tablespaces, and

Дата:
> Regression tests weren't appropriate?

Didn't like em ... as you observed, there were parallelization issues,
and in any case I'm not convinced they were testing anything very likely
to break.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Support renaming of tablespaces,

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> Didn't like em ... as you observed, there were parallelization issues,
> and in any case I'm not convinced they were testing anything very likely
> to break.

Oh well, your call :)

Chris

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Support renaming of tablespaces,

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
>>Regression tests weren't appropriate?
>
> Didn't like em ... as you observed, there were parallelization issues,
> and in any case I'm not convinced they were testing anything very likely
> to break.

Either way, I plan to dedicate tomorrow to completing pg_dump support
for all those new functions, hopefully not too late for freeze.

Chris