Обсуждение: Timeline for 7.4.3?

Timeline for 7.4.3?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hey,

We have many machines that run Solaris. I know that there are patches
out there for some of the bugs in 7.4.2 for Solaris but I was wondering
what the timeline for an official 7.4.3 was?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Timeline for 7.4.3?

Дата:
> We have many machines that run Solaris. I know that there are patches
> out there for some of the bugs in 7.4.2 for Solaris but I was wondering
> what the timeline for an official 7.4.3 was?

Don't hold your breath ... 7.4.2 was only a couple weeks ago, and there
are no critical bugs in the CVS logs at this point.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Timeline for 7.4.3?

Tom Lane wrote:
> > We have many machines that run Solaris. I know that there are patches
> > out there for some of the bugs in 7.4.2 for Solaris but I was wondering
> > what the timeline for an official 7.4.3 was?
>
> Don't hold your breath ... 7.4.2 was only a couple weeks ago, and there
> are no critical bugs in the CVS logs at this point.

The only post-7.4.2 Solaris fixes I can think of are for threaded
builds.  Do you use those?  If so, you can grab CVS REL7_4_STABLE and
see how that works for you.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Timeline for 7.4.3?

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Tom Lane wrote:
>

>>Don't hold your breath ... 7.4.2 was only a couple weeks ago, and there
>>are no critical bugs in the CVS logs at this point.
>>

>The only post-7.4.2 Solaris fixes I can think of are for threaded
>builds.  Do you use those?  If so, you can grab CVS REL7_4_STABLE and
>see how that works for you.

There are some pg_autovacum fixes, most serious being the one that
causes it to vacuum large tables far too often.  I know it's a contrib
module, but does seem to be getting used a lot.

Re: Timeline for 7.4.3?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> There are some pg_autovacum fixes, most serious being the one that
> causes it to vacuum large tables far too often.  I know it's a contrib
> module, but does seem to be getting used a lot.

Good reason why it *should* be in GForge/GBorg ...

----