Обсуждение: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

Дата:
Barring surprises, we will institute a code freeze in the 7.4 branch
tonight with an eye to wrapping the release Sunday.  Is anyone aware
of critical loose ends that still need to be dealt with?

The only thing on my own radar screen is a couple of reports of the
stats collector failing to start on Solaris; but it is not yet clear
whether that's our bug or a misconfiguration problem on those boxes,
and I don't want to hold up the release while we find out.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

От
Larry Rosenman

--On Thursday, November 13, 2003 12:43:37 -0500 Tom Lane
<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Barring surprises, we will institute a code freeze in the 7.4 branch
> tonight with an eye to wrapping the release Sunday.  Is anyone aware
> of critical loose ends that still need to be dealt with?
>
> The only thing on my own radar screen is a couple of reports of the
> stats collector failing to start on Solaris; but it is not yet clear
> whether that's our bug or a misconfiguration problem on those boxes,
> and I don't want to hold up the release while we find out.
The only thing I'm aware of is the setsockopt() issue on OpenServer.

LER

>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

Дата:
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> The only thing I'm aware of is the setsockopt() issue on OpenServer.

We have no proposed patch for that, either, so it will also have to
wait for 7.4.1.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

От
Larry Rosenman

--On Thursday, November 13, 2003 13:18:31 -0500 Tom Lane
<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>> The only thing I'm aware of is the setsockopt() issue on OpenServer.
>
> We have no proposed patch for that, either, so it will also have to
> wait for 7.4.1.
modulo the unacceptable one.  I'm aware of that.  We may want to note it
somewhere...

>             regards, tom lane

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> Barring surprises, we will institute a code freeze in the 7.4 branch
> tonight with an eye to wrapping the release Sunday.  Is anyone aware
> of critical loose ends that still need to be dealt with?

The only thing I had left was the installation locations for the Informix
compatibility headers of ECPG.  But we need some more information from
Informix users about that.  It will have to wait for 7.4.1.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > Barring surprises, we will institute a code freeze in the 7.4 branch
> > tonight with an eye to wrapping the release Sunday.  Is anyone aware
> > of critical loose ends that still need to be dealt with?
>
> The only thing I had left was the installation locations for the Informix
> compatibility headers of ECPG.  But we need some more information from
> Informix users about that.  It will have to wait for 7.4.1.

Oh, I forgot about that.  This leaves datetime.h and decimal.h in
/pgsql/include.  I don't see how 7.4.1 can fix that because people will
not be using initdb.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Oh, I forgot about that.  This leaves datetime.h and decimal.h in
> /pgsql/include.  I don't see how 7.4.1 can fix that because people will
> not be using initdb.

This has nothing to do with initdb.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Oh, I forgot about that.  This leaves datetime.h and decimal.h in
> > /pgsql/include.  I don't see how 7.4.1 can fix that because people will
> > not be using initdb.
>
> This has nothing to do with initdb.

Right.  I mean install isn't going to remove those files in /include.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Any more "must fix" issues for 7.4?

От
Christof Petig
Дата:
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>>Bruce Momjian writes:
>>

>>>Oh, I forgot about that.  This leaves datetime.h and decimal.h in
>>>/pgsql/include.  I don't see how 7.4.1 can fix that because people will
>>>not be using initdb.
>>
>>This has nothing to do with initdb.
>

> Right.  I mean install isn't going to remove those files in /include.

If you use a packaged version (.deb/.rpm etc) it will remove them. So no
problem for most(?) users.
   Christof