Обсуждение: Function Permissions

Function Permissions

От
"Telecontrol Networking"
Дата:
Hi,

I really need that a FUNCTION runs allways with this creator/owner permissions, and not with the user permission.

In other words, my FUNCTION must execute several procedures as POSTGRES superuser, and the tables its needs access/insert/delete/update has no permissions to normal user. Only calling my FUNCTION the normal user can do that, and never updating or deleting directly over the tables.

Any idea ?

---------------------------------
Marco Túlio Oliveira
IT-Manager
www.telecontrol.com.br

Re: Function Permissions

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 15:11:06 -0200, Telecontrol Networking <pglist@telecontrol.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really need that a FUNCTION runs allways with this creator/owner permissions, and not with the user permission.
>
> In other words, my FUNCTION must execute several procedures as POSTGRES superuser, and the tables its needs
access/insert/delete/updatehas no permissions to normal user. Only calling my FUNCTION the normal user can do that, and
neverupdating or deleting directly over the tables.

> Any idea ?

You can use security definer clause when creating the function.

Re: Function Permissions

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата: