Обсуждение: Networking in 7.4?

Networking in 7.4?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4?  That is, sufficient to
shout about in our PR materials?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Networking in 7.4?

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4?  That is, sufficient
> shout about in our PR materials?

I believe so. You can specify a rendezvous name in the conf file.

Chris

Re: IPv6 in 7.4?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

So ... do we have full IPv6 support in 7.4, or what?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: IPv6 in 7.4?

От
Kurt Roeckx
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 08:22:51AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> So ... do we have full IPv6 support in 7.4, or what?

For the network ipv6 support: It should all work.

Afaik, there is only 1 piece of the networking code left that
doesn't support ipv6 and that is Kerberos 4.  And that is because
either the API doesn't support it, or the protocol doesn't
support it at all.

Then there was also a patch to have ipv6 data types.  I haven't
used them yet, but I assume they work.

Kurt

Re: Networking in 7.4?

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4?  That is, sufficient to
> shout about in our PR materials?

The IPv6 support does everything you could want AFAIK, and is certainly
worth a bullet point.

I'm not sure how "full" the Rendezvous support is; we have some
Rendezvous-specific code in the postmaster now, but I have little idea
what it does or whether there is more stuff that Rendezvous users might
wish for.  Might be wise to avoid the word "full" in this context.
Unless there is someone on the list who knows Rendezvous well enough
to offer an opinion?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Networking in 7.4?

Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4?  That is, sufficient to
> > shout about in our PR materials?
>
> The IPv6 support does everything you could want AFAIK, and is certainly
> worth a bullet point.
>
> I'm not sure how "full" the Rendezvous support is; we have some
> Rendezvous-specific code in the postmaster now, but I have little idea
> what it does or whether there is more stuff that Rendezvous users might
> wish for.  Might be wise to avoid the word "full" in this context.
> Unless there is someone on the list who knows Rendezvous well enough
> to offer an opinion?

The Rendezvous patch submitter doesn't believe there is anything more to
add --- he says it just works.

Pennsylvania19073