Обсуждение: about view

about view

От
yuezh@ccermail.net
Дата:
Still can not update views in postgresql ?
Is it difficult to implement updating view ?

Thanks.

High Quality FREE Mail System For Economist
http://www.ccermail.net/

China Center for Economic Research
http://www.ccer.edu.cn/

China Economic Network
http://www.cenet.org.cn/

High Quality Mail System @CCERMAIL? Powered by 3R Soft, Inc.

Re: about view

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
yuezh@ccermail.net wrote:

> Still can not update views in postgresql ?
> Is it difficult to implement updating view ?

Yes, we have yet not implemented the automatic creation of INSERT,
UPDATE and DELETE rules for simple views.

AFAIK the SQL standard defines those updatable views only for simple,
one table views without subselects and so forth ... should be easy
enough to define those rewrite rules by hand.

Jan