Обсуждение: setQuerySnapshot in plpgsql functions in 7.3

setQuerySnapshot in plpgsql functions in 7.3

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Forgive me for not digging through the source code myself, but can
anyone tell me if setQuerySnapshot behavior within functions was changed
in 7.3 so that subsequent select statements can see committed data?  I
know there was some talk about changing the behavior, but I'm wondering
if it was ever done. Read committed transactions seem broken without
this ability.

Robert Treat

Re: setQuerySnapshot in plpgsql functions in 7.3

Дата:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Forgive me for not digging through the source code myself, but can
> anyone tell me if setQuerySnapshot behavior within functions was changed
> in 7.3 so that subsequent select statements can see committed data?

AFAIR, we had some preliminary discussions about that, but no decision
was taken about changing it.
        regards, tom lane