Обсуждение: disable a single trigger

disable a single trigger

От
Laurette Cisneros
Дата:
What is the status of the tgenabled field in pg_trigger?  It would be so
nice to be able to disable just a single trigger on a table rather than
having to disable all triggers.  The docs say "not presently checked
everywhere it should be, so disabling a trigger by setting this false
does not work reliably".

Will it ever be reliable?

Laurette Cisneros
The Database Group
(510) 420-3137
NextBus Information Systems, Inc.
www.nextbus.com
----------------------------------
My other vehicle is my imagination.- bumper sticker

Re: disable a single trigger

Дата:
Laurette Cisneros <laurette@nextbus.com> writes:
> What is the status of the tgenabled field in pg_trigger?  It would be so
> nice to be able to disable just a single trigger on a table rather than
> having to disable all triggers.  The docs say "not presently checked
> everywhere it should be, so disabling a trigger by setting this false
> does not work reliably".

I believe it does work for BEFORE triggers, but not AFTER triggers.
There was some question about when it should be checked for an AFTER
trigger (when the event is queued?  Or fired?).
        regards, tom lane