Обсуждение: Standalone backend doesn't read postgresql.conf

Standalone backend doesn't read postgresql.conf

Дата:
Does anyone remember why a standalone backend doesn't read
postgresql.conf?

For example, I just set 'autocommit' to off in postgresql.conf, and
after starting the standalone backend, it doesn't have autocommit off.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Standalone backend doesn't read postgresql.conf

Дата:
> Does anyone remember why a standalone backend doesn't read
> postgresql.conf?

Hm.  I remember why it doesn't pay attention to the per-user and
per-database settings (if they're screwed up, you might have no
way to get in and fix 'em).  But that argument doesn't apply to
postgresql.conf, since you can always fix it with a text editor.

This might just be an oversight.  Peter, any comments?
        regards, tom lane