Обсуждение: Open items

Open items

Дата:
OK, after a week of concentrated work, we now have fewer open items.  To
wrap this up:
Michael, please use bison 1.75 to update ecpgMarc, please install bison 1.75 on postgresql.orgPhilip, please submit
yourpg_dump patchTom, please try to fix the vacuum bug

This will complete almost all our items and we can start to focus on
documentation and final release.

                              P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Required Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org for ecpg only (Marc)
Fix vacuum btree bug (Tom)
Fix pg_dump to handle 64-bit off_t offsets for custom format (Philip)

Optional Changes
----------------
Add schema dump option to pg_dump
Move /contrib/earthdistance back into main CVS

Documentation Changes
---------------------
Move documation to gborg for moved projects

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Open items

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
>     Michael, please use bison 1.75 to update ecpg

Why is this necessary? AFAIK we don't keep bison-derived files in
CVS...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Open items

Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> >     Michael, please use bison 1.75 to update ecpg
>
> Why is this necessary? AFAIK we don't keep bison-derived files in
> CVS...

Right, they aren't in CVS, but they are shipped in the tarball so we
don't require everyone to have bison.  Developers and people building
from CVS do need bison, and will need 1.75 for ecpg.

Pennsylvania19073