Обсуждение: v7.2.2 packaged ...

v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar? *grin*) ... I put the
files in /pub/source/v7.2.2-prerelease for now, but will rename the
directory to purely v7.2.2 tomorrow afternoon and put out an announcement,
just to give 12 or so hours for ppl to confirm that the packaging doesn't
have any bugs in it ...

Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:28 pm, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar? *grin*) ...

Just got the cvs checkout of REL7_2_STABLE downloaded... :-)  Oh well.  I can
possibly get an RPM pushed out tomorrow evening (I'm out of the office and
out of town most of the day tomorrow fixing an errant transmitter).  Time to
load the line up another half hour.... :-)

> I put the
> files in /pub/source/v7.2.2-prerelease for now, but will rename the
> directory to purely v7.2.2 tomorrow afternoon and put out an announcement,
> just to give 12 or so hours for ppl to confirm that the packaging doesn't
> have any bugs in it ...

Time for me to play catchup.  I wasn't expecting it quite _that_ fast, no.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:43 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Just got the cvs checkout of REL7_2_STABLE downloaded... :-)  Oh well.  I
> can possibly get an RPM pushed out tomorrow evening (I'm out of the office
> and out of town most of the day tomorrow fixing an errant transmitter).
> Time to load the line up another half hour.... :-)

Well, the build is successful for RPM purposes for 7.2.2.  Can't regression
test this one yet -- the machine I built it on is running a live OpenACS
website backed by 7.2.1.  Still have 18 minutes to go on my dialup download
of the 7.2.2 pre tarball.

Sooooo..... look in /pub/binary/v7.2.2-prelease/RPMS/SRPMS for a
super-prerelease SOURCE RPM.  No binaries. (Yes, I have them.  No, I'm not
uploading them at this point -- rpm --rebuild is your friend at this point in
time.  I'll do a proper RPM release when I can integrate a couple of patches
properly -- Saturday morning may work, as I'll be on the other end of a T1
most of that day.)  For the purposes of release announcements, Marc, a simple
'RPMS should be available within a day or two' should be sufficient.

But if you are of that bent, rpm --rebuild that source RPM all you want....
:-)  Fast enough, Marc? :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
Chris Humphries
Дата:
downloading, and will test on openbsd -current in the morning,
when wget is finished. slow dl speed atm, sure everyone is
grabbing it. sure others are probably testing as well. just
wanted to say so for those who care :)

-chris

Marc G. Fournier writes:> > Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar? *grin*) ... I put the> files in
---------------------------(endof broadcast)---------------------------> TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go
tomajordomo@postgresql.org

--
"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin."

Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar? *grin*) ... I put the
> files in /pub/source/v7.2.2-prerelease for now, but will rename the
> directory to purely v7.2.2 tomorrow afternoon and put out an announcement,
> just to give 12 or so hours for ppl to confirm that the packaging doesn't
> have any bugs in it ...

The main tarball looks okay from here.
        regards, tom lane

Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
Chris Humphries
Дата:
compiles clean on openbsd -current.

-chris

Tom Lane writes:> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:> > Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar?
*grin*)... I put the> > files in /pub/source/v7.2.2-prerelease for now, but will rename the> > directory to purely
v7.2.2tomorrow afternoon and put out an announcement,> > just to give 12 or so hours for ppl to confirm that the
packagingdoesn't> > have any bugs in it ...> > The main tarball looks okay from here.> >             regards, tom lane>
withthe unregister command>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

--
"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin."

Re: v7.2.2 packaged ...

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Okay, just packaged it up (too fast for you Lamar? *grin*) ... I put the
> files in /pub/source/v7.2.2-prerelease for now, but will rename the
> directory to purely v7.2.2 tomorrow afternoon and put out an announcement,
> just to give 12 or so hours for ppl to confirm that the packaging doesn't
> have any bugs in it ...

FWIW: I was able to build my own RPMs and upgrade a 7.2.1 system
successfully to 7.2.2 -- no problems encountered at all.

System is Red Hat 7.3/i686 smp

Joe

RPM Feature Request

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
Lamar,

I haven't had/needed to upgrade since 7.0 and 7.2BETA so I'm not sure
how this is being done currently but I'd like to see a variable or two in
the /etc/init.d/postgresql script to allow a change to tje location of
debugging/logging information.  Currently it is hard-coded as /dev/null.  I'd like a variable or two
say, PGLOGDIR, PGLOGFILE at the top of the script that could be changed
easily to where ever the admin wants it to go.

Thanks for your consideration,
Rod
--  "Open Source Software - Sometimes you get more than you paid for..."