Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] Access Two Databases

Re: [GENERAL] Access Two Databases

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Tuesday 23 July 2002 02:59, Joe Conway wrote:
> Darren Ferguson wrote:
> > Not that i am aware of
> >
> > On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Dean Grubb wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Is it possible using pl/pgSQL functions to grab data from another
> >> database or even another database on a different host.
>
> You can with contrib/dblink.

Hi Joe !
Remember me ?
Before about 3 months I send to You pl/pgSql wrapper functions for libpq.
We agreed then,  that merging it with dblink would be a good idea.
Meanwhile i used dblink and those functions and wrote some kind of
replication for my app.
Is there interest for such interface, or should I forget the whole thing ?

regards

Re: [GENERAL] Access Two Databases

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Darko Prenosil wrote:
> Before about 3 months I send to You pl/pgSql wrapper functions for libpq.
> We agreed then,  that merging it with dblink would be a good idea.
> Meanwhile i used dblink and those functions and wrote some kind of
> replication for my app.
> Is there interest for such interface, or should I forget the whole thing ?

I still think it might be a good idea -- I just haven't had time to work
on dblink recently. I have a few things on my personal TODO list ahead
of it yet.

Joe

Re: [GENERAL] Access Two Databases

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Tuesday 23 July 2002 22:28, Joe Conway wrote:
> Darko Prenosil wrote:
> > Before about 3 months I send to You pl/pgSql wrapper functions for libpq.
> > We agreed then,  that merging it with dblink would be a good idea.
> > Meanwhile i used dblink and those functions and wrote some kind of
> > replication for my app.
> > Is there interest for such interface, or should I forget the whole thing
> > ?
>
> I still think it might be a good idea -- I just haven't had time to work
> on dblink recently. I have a few things on my personal TODO list ahead
> of it yet.
>
> Joe

OK! Let me know when you are ready !

Regards .