Обсуждение: Messages appending

Messages appending

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Is anyone else noticing this?  Perhaps it is a Postfix thing or a procmail
thing but I keep getting messages joined together.  It only happens with
messages from PostgreSQL lists.  I get a bunch of messages in one until
there is one non-PostgreSQL message which seems to break the link.  My
theory is that it is related to the TIP at the end.  Is it possible to
change that so that it adds a newline at the end?  I bet that would
fix the problem.

Thanks.

Re: Messages appending

От
Holger Krug
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:28:03AM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Is anyone else noticing this?  Perhaps it is a Postfix thing or a procmail
> thing but I keep getting messages joined together.  It only happens with
> messages from PostgreSQL lists.  I get a bunch of messages in one until
> there is one non-PostgreSQL message which seems to break the link.  My
> theory is that it is related to the TIP at the end.  Is it possible to
> change that so that it adds a newline at the end?  I bet that would
> fix the problem.

Actually it ends with 2 newlines. I think you should change your local
mail configuration.

--
Holger Krug
hkrug@rationalizer.com

Re: Messages appending

Дата:
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> Is anyone else noticing this?  Perhaps it is a Postfix thing or a procmail
> thing but I keep getting messages joined together.

I've never seen that.

> My theory is that it is related to the TIP at the end.  Is it possible to
> change that so that it adds a newline at the end?

I don't see that either --- the messages all end with a newline for me.

Maybe there's something wrong with your procmail script?  If it were
dropping the last newline as it stuffs the message into your inbox,
that'd probably result in messages getting concatenated together.
        regards, tom lane