Обсуждение: Release time

Release time

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Is there ever going to be a release?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Release time

Дата:
> Is there ever going to be a release?

Marc was supposed to roll a beta5 this weekend, but has shown no sign
of life since Friday.  (OTOH, maybe he's been busy fixing the servers.
Certainly the mailing list response for the last day or so has been
way better than it was last week.)

We were talking about an RC1 in a week, and official release a week
later, barring any nasty bugs surfacing.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Release time

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
I thought I was waiting for word from you concerning changes to the
regression test for Thomas' fixes for the timestamp stuff? *puzzled look*
I swear that was the last thing that I recall being mentioned :(  If its
waiting on me, I'll roll her first thing in the morning, and apologize
profusely for the delay ... :(

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Is there ever going to be a release?
>
> Marc was supposed to roll a beta5 this weekend, but has shown no sign
> of life since Friday.  (OTOH, maybe he's been busy fixing the servers.
> Certainly the mailing list response for the last day or so has been
> way better than it was last week.)
>
> We were talking about an RC1 in a week, and official release a week
> later, barring any nasty bugs surfacing.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Release time

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I thought I was waiting for word from you concerning changes to the
> regression test for Thomas' fixes for the timestamp stuff? *puzzled look*

You musta missed the "all clear" I sent Saturday.  We're ready to roll
AFAIK.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Release time

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
must have ... :(  okay, will do the packaging first thing in the morning
... beta5 on Mon, and if all is quiet by friday, RC1 on Friday *cross
fingers*

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > I thought I was waiting for word from you concerning changes to the
> > regression test for Thomas' fixes for the timestamp stuff? *puzzled look*
>
> You musta missed the "all clear" I sent Saturday.  We're ready to roll
> AFAIK.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Release time

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
tag'd, packaged and up on the main ftp site ... will do a full announce
later on this evening, after its had a chance to propogate out ...

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Is there ever going to be a release?
>
> Marc was supposed to roll a beta5 this weekend, but has shown no sign
> of life since Friday.  (OTOH, maybe he's been busy fixing the servers.
> Certainly the mailing list response for the last day or so has been
> way better than it was last week.)
>
> We were talking about an RC1 in a week, and official release a week
> later, barring any nasty bugs surfacing.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Release time

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> tag'd, packaged and up on the main ftp site ... will do a full announce
> later on this evening, after its had a chance to propogate out ...

Looks good from here.

Don't forget to mention in the announcement that an initdb is needed
to update from earlier betas.
        regards, tom lane