Обсуждение: Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
With the changes that have been going on, I'd like to release *something*
this week ... my personal feeling is to go with a Beta4, since not all
changes were docs related ...

Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I'd like to wrap something up
tonight/tomorrow morning, unless someone has something they are really
sitting on?

Thanks ...

Re: Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> With the changes that have been going on, I'd like to release *something*
> this week ... my personal feeling is to go with a Beta4, since not all
> changes were docs related ...
> Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I'd like to wrap something up
> tonight/tomorrow morning, unless someone has something they are really
> sitting on?

I just found (I believe) the cause of Tatsuo's report of instability on
a 4-way AIX machine.  I still have a couple of uncommitted patches for
other problems, but should be ready to go by the end of this evening.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

От
Kovacs Zoltan
Дата:
> Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I'd like to wrap something up
> tonight/tomorrow morning, unless someone has something they are really
> sitting on?

I know there aren't too much Hungarian users but I'd like to fix hu.po in
the backend which can cause crash now. This should be done in 8 hours from
now.

Zoltan

--                         Kov\'acs, Zolt\'an                        kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu
          http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol                        ftp://pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu/home/kovacsz

Re: Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Kovacs Zoltan writes:

> > Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I'd like to wrap something up
> > tonight/tomorrow morning, unless someone has something they are really
> > sitting on?
>
> I know there aren't too much Hungarian users but I'd like to fix hu.po in
> the backend which can cause crash now. This should be done in 8 hours from
> now.

You probably want to delete all the German translations that are left in
the file.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Beta4 or RC1 ... ?

От
Kovacs Zoltan
Дата:
> > I know there aren't too much Hungarian users but I'd like to fix hu.po in
> > the backend which can cause crash now. This should be done in 8 hours from
> > now.
>
> You probably want to delete all the German translations that are left in
> the file.

Yes, sure. AFAIK I deleted them all but I'm not sure if some remained in
there.