Обсуждение: http link to ftp download area broken

http link to ftp download area broken

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Дата:
The http link to the snapshots no longer works on
www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite.
If you could correct that I would greatly appreciate it :-)
Also this link only works on some of the mirror sites,
it would be great if all of them would have it (Germany works, Austria
does not).

I think a working http download would greatly reduce bandwidth on the
servers.

Thanx in advance
Andreas

Re: http link to ftp download area broken

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:

> The http link to the snapshots no longer works on
> www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite.
> If you could correct that I would greatly appreciate it :-)
> Also this link only works on some of the mirror sites,
> it would be great if all of them would have it (Germany works, Austria
> does not).

It's fixed, but they all point to the same place so I don't see how
one would work and not the other.  The place they point to was broken.

> I think a working http download would greatly reduce bandwidth on the
> servers.

How's that?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: http link to ftp download area broken

Дата:
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:
>> The http link to the snapshots no longer works on
>> www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite.

> It's fixed, but they all point to the same place so I don't see how
> one would work and not the other.  The place they point to was broken.

Note however that the snapshots themselves are still broken, unless
Marc has done something about it in the past day or so.  Last I checked,
the snapshots have failed to update since the CVSROOT move.
        regards, tom lane