Обсуждение: pg_dump -C option

pg_dump -C option

От
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Дата:
All,

I am working a some patches to the code and I noticed that "pg_dump -C
database" doesn't provide the database location information in the dump
file.  Is this correct?

Thanks
Jim

Example:
 datname  | datdba | encoding | datistemplate | datallowconn |
datlastsysoid | datpath | idxpath
-----------+--------+----------+---------------+--------------+---------------+---------+---------jb1       |   5433 |
     0 | f             | t            |

18540 |         | PGIDX1template1 |   5433 |        0 | t             | t            |
18540 |         | template0 |   5433 |        0 | t             | f            |
18540 |         | jb2       |   5433 |        0 | f             | t            |
18540 | PGDATA1 | PGIDX1jb3       |   5433 |        0 | f             | t            |
18540 | PGDATA1 | 4051      |   5433 |        0 | f             | t            |
18540 | PGDATA1 | PGIDX1

(Please ignore the IDXPATH column for now as I am trying to add support
for INDEX locations as I am running out of room on my current system and
I don't like the "symlink your own tables/index files" idea)

and the output of pg_dump -C

--
-- Selected TOC Entries:
--

Create Database "jb2";

\connect jb2 pgtest

Re: pg_dump -C option

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jim Buttafuoco writes:

> I am working a some patches to the code and I noticed that "pg_dump -C
> database" doesn't provide the database location information in the dump
> file.  Is this correct?

Your observation is correct, but the behaviour is not.  Feel free to
send a patch.

Re: pg_dump -C option

От
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Дата:
will do.

> Jim Buttafuoco writes:
>
> > I am working a some patches to the code and I noticed that "pg_dump
-C
> > database" doesn't provide the database location information in the
dump
> > file.  Is this correct?
>
> Your observation is correct, but the behaviour is not.  Feel free to
> send a patch.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

majordomo@postgresql.org

Re: pg_dump -C option

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jim Buttafuoco writes:

> will do.

While you're at it, at least the encoding parameter should be saved as
well.  Take a peek at what pg_dumpall saves.

> > Jim Buttafuoco writes:
> >
> > > I am working a some patches to the code and I noticed that "pg_dump
> -C
> > > database" doesn't provide the database location information in the
> dump
> > > file.  Is this correct?
> >
> > Your observation is correct, but the behaviour is not.  Feel free to
> > send a patch.
> >
> > --
> > Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

> majordomo@postgresql.org

Re: pg_dump -C option

Added to TODO:
* Have pg_dump -C dump database location and encoding  information