Обсуждение: Beta1 starting date?

Beta1 starting date?

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
I seem to miss the announce of beta testing of 7.1. Could someone
please give me a copy of the announcement?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: Beta1 starting date?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
beta1 was very low key ... it was announced here on the list as "its
packaged, try it out" ... there was no big hype about this one, but there
will be for beta2, which will most likely be after Vadim gets those vacuum
fixes in place, and Tom gets those planner fixes ...

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> I seem to miss the announce of beta testing of 7.1. Could someone
> please give me a copy of the announcement?
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Beta1 starting date?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> beta1 was very low key ... it was announced here on the list as "its
> packaged, try it out" ... there was no big hype about this one, but there
> will be for beta2, which will most likely be after Vadim gets those vacuum
> fixes in place, and Tom gets those planner fixes ...

Since there are going to already be a number of fixes in beta2, I will
wait until beta2 to release any RPM's.  I am also continuing to get
feedback about the packaging -- many thanks to all who are participating
in that discussion!  I remember the one or two comments I got on the 7.0
RPM changes (from 6.5), and the change is positive this time.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Beta1 starting date?

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Since there are going to already be a number of fixes in beta2, I will
> wait until beta2 to release any RPM's.  I am also continuing to get
> feedback about the packaging -- many thanks to all who are participating
> in that discussion!  I remember the one or two comments I got on the 7.0
> RPM changes (from 6.5), and the change is positive this time.
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

I would like to make a comment on the stop script in the RPMS. It uses
killproc function to kill postmaster. killproc sends SIGTERM to stop
postmaster. It's good. However if postmaster won't die (for example,
some users are still using psql), it then sends SIGKILL signal to
postmaster. This is extremely dangerous since there is no chance for
postmaster to clean up resources in this case. I think the signal
number should be SIGINT (fast shutdown) or SIGQUIT (immediate
shutdown).
--
Tatsuo Ishii