Обсуждение: Unable to access CVS server

Unable to access CVS server

От
"Kevin O'Gorman"
Дата:
I've been unable to follow the directions
in the Programmer's Guide
for getting to the anonymous CVS server.

I'm running RedHat 6.1, and CVS 1.10 which
comes with it.  I get as far as entering
the 'postgresql' password, but it gets
rejected every time.

Any hints?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kogorman@pacbell.net
Permanent e-mail forwarder:

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"   -- Alfred North Whitehead

Solved: Re: Unable to access CVS server

От
"Kevin O'Gorman"
Дата:
Sorry to bother you all.  I got more recent docs and
found I needed a different command to do this, and
it works.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kogorman@pacbell.net
Permanent e-mail forwarder:
mailto:Kevin.O'Gorman.64@Alum.Dartmouth.org
At school: mailto:kogorman@cs.ucsb.edu
Web: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kogorman/index.html
Web: http://trixie.kosman.via.ayuda.com/~kevin/index.html

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"   -- Alfred North Whitehead

Re: Unable to access CVS server

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> I've been unable to follow the directions
> in the Programmer's Guide
> for getting to the anonymous CVS server.
>
> I'm running RedHat 6.1, and CVS 1.10 which
> comes with it.  I get as far as entering
> the 'postgresql' password, but it gets
> rejected every time.
>
> Any hints?

I ran into the same problem a while ago.

Both username and password in docs are WRONG

unfortunately I'm away from my regular computer
and so I can't look up the right ones ..

Hannu

Re: Unable to access CVS server

Дата:

IIRC, the username/password are OK, but the repository path at hub.org
changed since 7.0 release.

Up-to-date info can be found in the current-tree documentation,
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/anoncvs.htm
        regards, tom lane