Обсуждение: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Keith Parks
Дата:
Hi Peter,

I'm getting COMMITTERS OK but last week I noticed I wasn't getting HACKERS
any more.

Try sending a "show  peter_e@gmx.net" in the body of a message to
majordomo@hub.org to see if you're still subscribed.

Keith.

--

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?

I have.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

Дата:
> Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?

Coming through fine for me (at least when hub.org isn't wedged
completely, which it was several times over the weekend...)
        regards, tom lane

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?
>
> Coming through fine for me (at least when hub.org isn't wedged
> completely, which it was several times over the weekend...)

We hit a corruption of -general again this past week (I've really gotta
dive into getting the postgresql backend working for majordomo instead of
Berkeley DB :( ) ... it was causing a perl process of 900+Meg to run,
which caused the load avg to climb unreasonably :(

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Alex Pilosov
Дата:
On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> > > Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?
> >
> > Coming through fine for me (at least when hub.org isn't wedged
> > completely, which it was several times over the weekend...)
>
> We hit a corruption of -general again this past week (I've really gotta
> dive into getting the postgresql backend working for majordomo instead of
> Berkeley DB :( ) ... it was causing a perl process of 900+Meg to run,
> which caused the load avg to climb unreasonably :(
Oooo, ooo, how about instead writing a ndbm/gdbm/whateverdb wrapper for
postgres?

Configurable by some file in /etc, where it would establish correspondence
between "file" argument to dbopen() and a postgres view. This would rock
for converting applications which only support dbm mappings (such as
sendmail) to use postgres transparently.

The only problem I see with it is db->fd() function which returns a
filedescriptor for the file, which some apps rely on to do flock/fcntl. On
other hand, locking of that kind will be unnecessary for postgres, so it
can return fd of some file in /tmp...

There's an attempt to do this at http://www.is.kiruna.se/~goran/ldap/arkiv/
but its very raw and not configurable.

-alex

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Has anybody been getting pgsql-committers messages the last few days?

I have.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: What's happening with pgsql-committers?

От
Keith Parks
Дата: