Обсуждение: Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

Дата:
I'd like to inform the pghackers community that I've accepted an offer
of employment from Great Bridge.  I expect to be doing essentially
the same sort of work I've been doing on Postgres for the last two
years; except that now I'll be able to do it full-time rather than
just in my spare time.

I think this is a great opportunity to help move the project forward.

I want to assure everyone that I will continue to work with the good
of the overall Postgres project in mind, and not just for the benefit
of one company.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

От
Lamar Owen
Tom Lane wrote:

> I'd like to inform the pghackers community that I've accepted an offer
> of employment from Great Bridge.  I expect to be doing essentially
> the same sort of work I've been doing on Postgres for the last two
> years; except that now I'll be able to do it full-time rather than
> just in my spare time.

Congratulations!

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

От
Chris Bitmead
Дата:
That's great news, congratulations!

Tom Lane wrote:

> I'd like to inform the pghackers community that I've accepted an offer
> of employment from Great Bridge.  I expect to be doing essentially
> the same sort of work I've been doing on Postgres for the last two
> years; except that now I'll be able to do it full-time rather than
> just in my spare time.
>
> I think this is a great opportunity to help move the project forward.
>
> I want to assure everyone that I will continue to work with the good
> of the overall Postgres project in mind, and not just for the benefit
> of one company.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Re: Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

От
Thomas Swan
Дата:
Congratulations!

-
- Thomas Swan
- Graduate Student  - Computer Science
- The University of Mississippi
-
- "People can be categorized into two fundamental
- groups, those that divide people into two groups
- and those that don't."

hstenger@adinet.com.uy
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd like to inform the pghackers community that I've accepted an offer
> of employment from Great Bridge.  I expect to be doing essentially
> the same sort of work I've been doing on Postgres for the last two
> years; except that now I'll be able to do it full-time rather than
> just in my spare time.
>
> I think this is a great opportunity to help move the project forward.
>
> I want to assure everyone that I will continue to work with the good
> of the overall Postgres project in mind, and not just for the benefit
> of one company.

Congratulations, and thanks for telling us. You deserve it, and I hope it will
be a Great Bridge for your career.

Regards,
Haroldo.

--
----------------------+------------------------Haroldo Stenger      | hstenger@ieee.orgMontevideo, Uruguay. |
hstenger@adinet.com.uy

Re: Announcement: I'm joining Great Bridge

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I'd like to inform the pghackers community that I've accepted an offer
> of employment from Great Bridge.  I expect to be doing essentially
> the same sort of work I've been doing on Postgres for the last two
> years; except that now I'll be able to do it full-time rather than
> just in my spare time.

Congrats (as I've already mentioned elsewhere), but I've got to ask:

How will we tell the difference between spare time and full-time, when
you seem to be up and working 25 hours a day already? :)
                  - Thomas