Обсуждение: AW: libpgtcl on aix

AW: libpgtcl on aix

От
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Дата:
Looks like your postgres binary is not the correct one.
That is: the make step for the target postgres.imp failed or went into the
wrong directory, and you thus have a postgres binary that is not converted
to export all symbols.

This is one point that bugs me in the aix port. Maybe we should do it
like other ports do it, first create a postgres.a then postgres.imp
and finally postgres from postgres.a and postgres.imp.

Comments ?
Andreas

PS: I do not think that you can successfully run all regression tests
with your current installation. Can you confirm ?

So when I try "load libpgtcl.so", I get the following error:

Error: couldn't load file "./libpgtcl.so":      0509-130 Symbol resolution faile
d for ./libpgtcl.so because:
        0509-136   Symbol __start (number 0) is not exported from
                   dependent module /home/postgres/postgresql/bin/postgres.
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.

I did the dump command on the postgres executable and found:

[177]   0x20022eb0    .data    ENTpt     DS SECdef        [noIMid] __start

Re: AW: libpgtcl on aix

От
Tim Dunnington
Дата:
And that was the problem!!!  Each time I recompiled (and finally got
everything to compile properly), I did a gmake install.  What I didn't
realize was that, instead of overwriting the previous installation with the
new installation, it would simply skip it.  Hence I was using a new
libpgtcl.so with a postgres not compiled for it.

Soooo...when I deleted the existing postgres installation and did a gmake
install, it worked fine.

Could use a gmake uninstall...

Tim

--