Обсуждение: postgresql.org ftp troubles?

postgresql.org ftp troubles?

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
I'm seeing what I think is newly-broken behavior for the ftp site. Seems
to be pointing to the underlying hub.org area rather than the postgres
one.

Is this a problem on my end, or do others see it too?
                  - Thomas

golem> ftp postgresql.org
Connected to postgresql.org.
ftp> cd pub
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
total 1249
-rw-r--r--  1 0    0     655 Oct 20  1998 .message
drwxr-xr-x  3 0    0     512 Oct 28  1999 FreeBSD
drwxr-xr-x  2 0    0     512 Aug  5  1999 INN-2.3
drwxr-xr-x  2 10   0     512 Jun 15 04:04 Majordomo2
drwxr-xr-x  3 0    0     512 Feb 19  1999 kde
-rw-r--r--  1 209  0   51970 Jul 13  1999 ndtelnet.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 0    0  943376 Oct 19  1998 ttermp23.zip
-rw-r--r--  1 0    0  250281 Oct 19  1998 ttssh13.zip
drwxr-xr-x  2 10   0     512 Oct 15  1999 wu-ftpd

Re: postgresql.org ftp troubles?

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I'm seeing what I think is newly-broken behavior for the ftp site. Seems
> to be pointing to the underlying hub.org area rather than the postgres
> one.
>
> Is this a problem on my end, or do others see it too?

On the docs page there were four links to the ftp area and were set
as postgresql.org.  This morning I had a couple of reports in the
webmaster mailbox saying they didn't work.  Perhaps something new in
the last couple of days?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: postgresql.org ftp troubles?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing what I think is newly-broken behavior for the ftp site. Seems
> > to be pointing to the underlying hub.org area rather than the postgres
> > one.
> >
> > Is this a problem on my end, or do others see it too?
>
> On the docs page there were four links to the ftp area and were set
> as postgresql.org.  This morning I had a couple of reports in the
> webmaster mailbox saying they didn't work.  Perhaps something new in
> the last couple of days?

ack ... I figured everything referenced it as ftp.postgresql.org, so it
would be totally transparent :(

we had an idle box on our network that had a seperate, idle T1 to the
Internet that we moved ftp.postgresql.org over to the other day ... I
should have mentioned something instead of making teh assumption that
everything pointed to ftp.postgresql.org ... sorry about that ..