Обсуждение: Web page on bug reports

Web page on bug reports

Дата:
This was a helpful introduction to submitting bug reports:
http://www.freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html

Maybe add it to the web site?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Web page on bug reports

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> This was a helpful introduction to submitting bug reports:
>
>     http://www.freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html
>
> Maybe add it to the web site?

Wow, that is long. I once thought of writing up something along similar
lines. Since you are apparently interested, I could but an abbreviated and
fitted to PostgreSQL edition in the user's guide.

Re: [HACKERS] Web page on bug reports

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > This was a helpful introduction to submitting bug reports:
> >
> >     http://www.freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html
> >
> > Maybe add it to the web site?
>
> Wow, that is long. I once thought of writing up something along similar
> lines. Since you are apparently interested, I could but an abbreviated and
> fitted to PostgreSQL edition in the user's guide.

That is extremely long.  I'd be interested in seeing what Peter could
do in a shortened version.  It could go on the website.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net  128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup:
$17.95/moor less at Pop4       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] Web page on bug reports

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > This was a helpful introduction to submitting bug reports:
> >
> >     http://www.freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html
> >
> > Maybe add it to the web site?
>
> Wow, that is long. I once thought of writing up something along similar
> lines. Since you are apparently interested, I could but an abbreviated and
> fitted to PostgreSQL edition in the user's guide.

If you want.  Seems it is helpful for all bug report cases, not just
PostgreSQL ones.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Web page on bug reports

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > Wow, that is long. I once thought of writing up something along similar
> > lines. Since you are apparently interested, I could but an abbreviated
> > and fitted to PostgreSQL edition in the user's guide.

Great. And we can point to the html version in the User's Guide from
the web page, to keep everything self-consistant. Much better than
having a special web version vs printed/online docs.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California