Обсуждение: docs and createlang patch for plperl

docs and createlang patch for plperl

От
Mark Hollomon
Дата:
Attached is a tarball that contains:

pl-perl.sgml - A start at documentation.
    Thomas, I didn't know where this belongs. Does
    it need to be integrated into the user manual
    or should it stand on its own. If it needs
    to stand alone, then all the docbook declarations
    need to be added at the front.

createlang.sh.diff - a patch to add plperl
    to the repertoire of createlang.sh
--
Mark Hollomon
mhh@mindspring.com

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] docs and createlang patch for plperl

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> pl-perl.sgml - A start at documentation.
>         Thomas, I didn't know where this belongs. Does
>         it need to be integrated into the user manual
>         or should it stand on its own. If it needs
>         to stand alone, then all the docbook declarations
>         need to be added at the front.

Great. I haven't had a chance to look, but I would assume that it
should be in the User's Guide or more likely in the Programmer's
Guide.

Thanks for the docs!! I'll add them in this weekend, if not before.
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] docs and createlang patch for plperl

Дата:
Mark Hollomon <mhh@mindspring.com> writes:
> createlang.sh.diff - a patch to add plperl
>     to the repertoire of createlang.sh

Good, but dare I mention that droplang needs to know about it too?

I'm sure you see no possible reason for someone to want to drop
plperl ;-) ... but it should be there.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> Mark Hollomon <mhh@mindspring.com> writes:
> > createlang.sh.diff - a patch to add plperl
> >       to the repertoire of createlang.sh
>
> Good, but dare I mention that droplang needs to know about it too?
>
> I'm sure you see no possible reason for someone to want to drop
> plperl ;-) ... but it should be there.

Doooh! of course. I'll post a patch tonight.

I guess the docs for droplang and createlang need updating as well.
Unless Thomas has beat me to it.

--

Mark Hollomon
mhh@nortelnetworks.com

wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Mark Hollomon <mhh@mindspring.com> writes:
> > > createlang.sh.diff - a patch to add plperl
> > >       to the repertoire of createlang.sh
> >
> > Good, but dare I mention that droplang needs to know about it too?
> >
> > I'm sure you see no possible reason for someone to want to drop
> > plperl ;-) ... but it should be there.
>
> Doooh! of course. I'll post a patch tonight.

.PS
Yes, make it a NOOP. We spent so much time building these
languages, that noone should ever have the right to drop 'em again.
.PE

Jan