Обсуждение: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

От
Vadim Mikheev
Дата:
Long life to PostgreSQL!
-:)))

Vadim

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Long life to PostgreSQL!
> -:)))

Hey, wait for us to catch up, eh? :)  Its only, like, 9:30am out here, and
even earlier for the rest of this continent :)

Hope everyone is having a safe one ...

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 31-Dec-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
>
>> Long life to PostgreSQL!
>> -:)))
>
> Hey, wait for us to catch up, eh? :)  Its only, like, 9:30am out here, and
> even earlier for the rest of this continent :)
>
> Hope everyone is having a safe one ...

Yep, I'm just waking up.  Got back from up north late last nite.  We
figure (based on the y2k testing Detroit Edison did a couple of months
ago) that we'll be in the dark at midnite.  Should be interesting :)

Happy Y2K Everyone!!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net  128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup:
$17.95/moor less at Pop4       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On 31-Dec-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
> >
> >> Long life to PostgreSQL!
> >> -:)))
> >
> > Hey, wait for us to catch up, eh? :)  Its only, like, 9:30am out here, and
> > even earlier for the rest of this continent :)
> >
> > Hope everyone is having a safe one ...
>
> Yep, I'm just waking up.  Got back from up north late last nite.  We
> figure (based on the y2k testing Detroit Edison did a couple of months
> ago) that we'll be in the dark at midnite.  Should be interesting :)

I'm personally hoping for *some* sort of catastrophe...with all the hype,
something interesting has to happen :)

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Long life to PostgreSQL!

Here here!

I'm now off to a party, so I'll wish everyone a happy new year.

Peter

--      Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
> I'm personally hoping for *some* sort of catastrophe...with all the hype,
> something interesting has to happen :)

    You too?

    Now  it's  01/01/2000 04:08 here in Harsefeld, and absolutely
    nothing happened, not one single power peak or fail, not  any
    single  radio  station  telling  any kind about Y2K problems.
    Really frustrating, if I think about all  the  stress  during
    the past months.

    Anyway, something interesting has happened.

    PostgreSQL, known as the dinosaur of databases, survived Y2K.
    And ISTM, it's in a better condition than ever before.  Isn't
    that worth all the efford, anyone of us spent?

    Thanks to all, all over the world, and a happy new year.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Happy New Year!

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On 01-Jan-00 Jan Wieck wrote:
>> I'm personally hoping for *some* sort of catastrophe...with all the hype,
>> something interesting has to happen :)
>
>     You too?
>
>     Now  it's  01/01/2000 04:08 here in Harsefeld, and absolutely
>     nothing happened, not one single power peak or fail, not  any
>     single  radio  station  telling  any kind about Y2K problems.
>     Really frustrating, if I think about all  the  stress  during
>     the past months.

Big yawn here.  After all the failed Y2k testing it looks like someone
got it all fixed.  Happy Y2K Everyone!

>     Anyway, something interesting has happened.
>
>     PostgreSQL, known as the dinosaur of databases, survived Y2K.
>     And ISTM, it's in a better condition than ever before.  Isn't
>     that worth all the efford, anyone of us spent?
>
>     Thanks to all, all over the world, and a happy new year.

My sentiments exactly!!