Обсуждение: Article for Daemon News

Article for Daemon News

Дата:
I have contacted Daemon News, and they say they are interested in an
article about PostgreSQL development.  I sent them the attached.  I will
work on the article, and have everyone review it before senting it to
them.  I should finish it in about a week.

Would you be interested in an article about the history of PostgreSQL by
a team of Internet developers?  I have been involved for three years,
and can discuss the history of the project, managing of developers,
source code management, user community relations, technical challenges,
etc.  I think it would make an interesting story.

PostgreSQL is at www.postgresql.org.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Article for Daemon News

От
Daniel Lundin
Дата:
Great!
Looking forward to seeing it. Did you send the same letter to any
other publications, bsdzine.org, linux journal or the likes around the
net?

/Daniel

Bruce Momjian writes:> I have contacted Daemon News, and they say they are interested in an> article about PostgreSQL

_______________________________________________________________  /\__  Daniel Lundin - MediaCenter, UNIX and BeOS
Developer        \/ http://www.umc.se/~daniel/

Re: [HACKERS] Article for Daemon News

> Great!
> Looking forward to seeing it. Did you send the same letter to any
> other publications, bsdzine.org, linux journal or the likes around the
> net?

No.  I certainly could.  I just chose Daemon News because we were
originally BSD based, and I run BSDI, and Marc runs FreeBSD.  I know we
have tons of Linux users, and would be glad to send it there too.   How
do I choose which one?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Article for Daemon News

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
Bruce, I have also contacted linux journal, they are sending me an
ad package, i could also contact the regarding an article, or
you could.
 Jeff. jeff@hub.org

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Great!
> > Looking forward to seeing it. Did you send the same letter to any
> > other publications, bsdzine.org, linux journal or the likes around the
> > net?
> >

> No.  I certainly could.  I just chose Daemon News because we were
> originally BSD based, and I run BSDI, and Marc runs FreeBSD.  I know we
> have tons of Linux users, and would be glad to send it there too.   How
> do I choose which one?
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Re: [HACKERS] Article for Daemon News

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
>   I have also contacted linux journal, they are sending me an
> ad package, i could also contact the regarding an article, or
> you could.

LJ had a nice review of Postgres a few issues ago. I'm sure any number
of specific topics, rather than an overview, would be welcome.
                - Thomas

South Pasadena, California