Обсуждение: Compiling PostgreSQL on SINIX

Compiling PostgreSQL on SINIX

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Hello,

I'm trying to compile postgresql on Siemens Nixdorf RS600 running
SINIX-Y using the gnu toolchain.

I am new to programming SINIX.

As I've read that this version should be able to run the same binaries
as IRIX I tried to run it using --with-template=irix5

configure went fine, after i added --without-CXX, but make gave me
the following:

-------------
[postgres@zeus src]$make
make lexverify
make[1]: Entering directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src'
make -C lextest all
make[2]: Entering directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/lextest'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/lextest'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src'
make -C utils all
make[1]: Entering directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/utils'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/utils'
make -C backend all
make[1]: Entering directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend'
make -C access all
make[2]: Entering directory
`/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/access'
make -C common  SUBSYS.o
make[3]: Entering directory
`/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/access/common'
ld -r -o SUBSYS.o heaptuple.o heapvalid.o indextuple.o indexvalid.o
printtup.o scankey.o tupdesc.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: heaptuple.o: fatal error: symbolic tables not ordered

make[3]: *** [SUBSYS.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/access/common'
make[2]: *** [submake] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/access'
make[1]: *** [access.dir] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/dbs/vol2/home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend'
make: *** [all] Error 2
--------------

I'm quite pussled by the "symbolic tables not ordered" message.

Can anyone tell me what could it possibly mean and how to avoild it ?

It may be not specifically a postgres question but a gcc/ld one ,
but I was able to compile apache 1.3.3 by just doing ./configure; make

Any help (including pointer to better places to ask SINIX questions)
much welcome.

or does anyone have a compiled binary for irix5 that they could let me
try?

----------------
Hannu

Re: [HACKERS] Compiling PostgreSQL on SINIX

Дата:
> I'm quite pussled by the "symbolic tables not ordered" message.
>
> Can anyone tell me what could it possibly mean and how to avoild it ?
>
> It may be not specifically a postgres question but a gcc/ld one ,
> but I was able to compile apache 1.3.3 by just doing ./configure; make

It usually means it wants tsort run on the library.  You may find other
OS's that have that configured, and if you add that, it may fix the
problem.  Send us a patch, and we will try and get it into the
distribution.

Pennsylvania19026