Обсуждение: Re: Your recent message to Topica.com

Re: Your recent message to Topica.com

От
Michael Graff
Дата:
What in the hell is this all about?

--Michael

Topica Support <thom@get.topica.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> We received your request to archiver-60394@demo001.topica.com.
>
> We're sorry but that list does not seem to exist.
>
> Please check the spelling and punctuation of the list name.
> You can also find the list in our directory at http://demo001.topica.com
> and join the list from there.
>
> If you feel that you have received this message in error or for more
> information on using the Topica system, please visit our web site at
> http://demo001.topica.com.  You can also contact our Customer Support
> Department at thom@get.topica.com.
>
> If you are trying to reach a topica employee, please ensure that you
> use the @get.topica.com domain, and not @topica.com.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas
> Topica Customer Support
>

> -------------------------------

Re: [HACKERS] Re: Your recent message to Topica.com

Дата:
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> writes:
> What in the hell is this all about?

I got about a dozen of those yesterday, from both pg-hackers and
pg-interfaces posts IIRC.

I would say that someone has subscribed an archiving robot to the pgsql
lists ... only the someone is incompetent to write an archiving robot.
Bouncing robot failure messages back to the originator of a list message
is not acceptable behavior, since the originator neither cares nor is in
a position to do anything about it.

Hey Marc, did these people ask permission before deciding to set up
their own archiver for the pgsql lists?  If not, that'd be another
failure to respect basic netiquette in my eyes.

I'd vote for unsubscribing topica.com with extreme prejudice.
        regards, tom lane