Обсуждение: problem with latest snapshot

problem with latest snapshot

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
I brought my snapshot up-to-date this morning, recompiled everything and
tried to connect to my test database that is about a month old. I can
´select * from pg_attribute´ without a problem. But hitting ´\z´ in psql
causes the transfer to be closed. Other psql options like ´\d´ work fine.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!

Re: [HACKERS] problem with latest snapshot

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> I brought my snapshot up-to-date this morning, recompiled everything
> and tried to connect to my test database that is about a month old.

Yeah, you need a dump/reload for anything built earlier than a week or
so ago. Last-minute but wildly helpful cleanups of pg_operator from Tom
Lane...
                  - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] problem with latest snapshot

Дата:
Michael Meskes <meskes@usa.net> writes:
> I brought my snapshot up-to-date this morning, recompiled everything and
> tried to connect to my test database that is about a month old. I can
> 'select * from pg_attribute' without a problem. But hitting '\z' in psql
> causes the transfer to be closed. Other psql options like '\d' work
> fine.

FWIW, \z works fine for me.  Did you do an initdb after updating?
There were some catalog changes as late as last week.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] problem with latest snapshot

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 03:24:31PM +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> Yeah, you need a dump/reload for anything built earlier than a week or
> so ago. Last-minute but wildly helpful cleanups of pg_operator from Tom
> Lane...

It works now. Thanks.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Leiter Niederlassung West, Datenrevision GmbH
business: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburgprivate:  Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz, Michael.Meskes@usa.net