Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] What I'm working on

Re: [HACKERS] What I'm working on

Дата:
> > I am working on a patch to:
> >
> >     remove oidname, oidint2, and oidint4
> >     allow the bootstrap code to create multi-key indexes
>
> Good man...always bugged me that the "old" hacked-in multikey
> indexes were there after Vadim let the user create them.

Also, pg_procname index really wanted a multi-key index, but did a
sequential scan of the index after the procname match to simulate it.
That is gone too.

> But...returning to Insight as of Sept.1st.  Once I get settled
> in, I should be to stay late a couple of evenings and get my
> old patches up-to-date.

The only thing I am concerned about is that beta is September 1.  I
would rather not dump lots of new patches in after the beta starts.  Do
we need to start beta after the 1st?  Not sure how to handle this.

Re: [HACKERS] What I'm working on

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The only thing I am concerned about is that beta is September 1.  I
> would rather not dump lots of new patches in after the beta starts.  Do
> we need to start beta after the 1st?  Not sure how to handle this.

    Sept 1st is already a delay'd beta as a result of the "summer
holidays", so I'd almost have to say no to starting it after the 1st.

    What I'd be curious about, at this point, is what "old" patches
are we looking at?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org