Обсуждение: cvs snapshot comm changes

cvs snapshot comm changes

От
Brett McCormick
Дата:
wow.  i didn't realize I was in for such a nasty surprise.
I just downloaded the latest cvs snapshot, and there appears to
be some major changes to the code that i've patched.

it would appear as though (I've only looked at one function so far, pqGetc
in fe-misc.c) there's now a buffer for the connection as opposed to
just doing a getc.  this is a good thing of course, but I need
to recontemplate my patch.

can someone who knows about the fe/be func changes fill me in on the
new deal?

thanks
now I know to work with the latest snapshot.
:)

Re: [HACKERS] cvs snapshot comm changes

> wow.  i didn't realize I was in for such a nasty surprise.
> I just downloaded the latest cvs snapshot, and there appears to
> be some major changes to the code that i've patched.
>
> it would appear as though (I've only looked at one function so far, pqGetc
> in fe-misc.c) there's now a buffer for the connection as opposed to
> just doing a getc.  this is a good thing of course, but I need
> to recontemplate my patch.
>
> can someone who knows about the fe/be func changes fill me in on the
> new deal?
>
> thanks
> now I know to work with the latest snapshot.
> :)

Tom Lane made some protocol changes, like adding Cancel, and cleaning up
stuff, and fixes for async notifies and queries.