Обсуждение: Platform status

Platform status

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
are:

aix/3.5 - anyone able to test? Success on aix4.x good enough??
hpux/9.0.x - anyone testing? there are installation differences with
hpux10.20. Supported?
irix5 - is irix6 testing enough? Should we just say irix is supported?
dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
problems?
linux/alpha - any progress?
mklinux/ppc - still core dumping on regression tests? why??
sco - anyone able to test? If not, moving to unsupported list :(
svr4 - anyone able to test? If not, ...
ultrix4 - any users anymore? If not, ...
nextstep - moving to unsupported list unless someone claims v6.3
success.

Any platforms missing from the complete list below?

I'd like to wrap this up by Feb. 25. Actually, I must finish by about
then to be able to put this info into new docs.

                                                      - Tom

*  aix/4.1.4.0,4.2 - confirmed working when built on 4.1.4.0 (Darren
King)
*  aix/4.1.5 - confirmed working (Andreas Zeugswetter)
_  aix/3.5 - not yet tested? (Frank Dana?)
*  bsdi - confirmed working (Bruce)
*  FreeBSD/2.2.x-3.x - confirmed working (Marc)
x  NetBSD/arm32 - not yet working (Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>)
*  NetBSD/i386 version? - confirmed working (Brook Milligan)
x  NetBSD/m68k Amiga, HP300, Mac - not yet working (Henry Hotz)
*  NetBSD/sparc/1.3 - confirmed working (Tom Helbekkmo)
*  NetBSD/vax/1.3 - confirmed working (Tom Helbekkmo)
*  dgux/5.4R4.11 - patches submitted (Brian Gallew)
?  hpux/9.0.x
*  hpux/10.20 - confirmed working (Stan Brown)
_  irix5
?  irix6/MIPS - patches submitted (Andrew)
_  dec/alpha - currently broken? confirmed working on v6.2.1 (Pedro)
_  linux/alpha - partial success? (Ryan,Jeff)
*  linux/i386 - confirmed working (Thomas)
*  linux/sparc - confirmed working (Tom Szybist)
_  mklinux/ppc - in progress (Tatsuo)
_  sco
*  solaris/i386 - confirmed working (Marc)
*  solaris/sparc/2.5.1 - confirmed working (Marc)
*  solaris/sparc/2.6 - confirmed working (Marc)
_  sunos/sparc/4.1.4 - in progress (Tatsuo)
_  svr4/MIPS - dcosx and sinix/seimens-nixdorf worked on v6.1 (Frank
Ridderbusch?)
_  ultrix4 - no recent reports? obsolete port??
x  univel - not working now; in progress? (Billy G. Allie)
_  nextstep - worked with patches on v1.0.9; not working now?
x  MacOS - not library compatible; use ODBC/JDBC instead
x  nt - not library compatible; client side maybe; use ODBC/JDBC instead

x  windows - not library compatible; client side maybe; use ODBC/JDBC
instead

Re: [HACKERS] Platform status

От
Dwayne Bailey
Дата:

Re: [PORTS] Platform status

От
David Wetzel
> From: "Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>
(...)
> nextstep - moving to unsupported list unless someone claims v6.3
> success.

NS does only work as client. I have an EOAdaptor to use PostgreSQL from
NeXT's Enterprise Objects Framework.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION
           WATCH OUT FOR TURBOFAX for OPENSTEP!

Re: [HACKERS] Platform status

От
Brett McCormick
Дата:
What exactly are the problems, aside from the mkoidname deal in
initdb?  I haven't heard anything about the inline assembler problems
(isn't that for linux/alpha)?

I can help.

On Thu, 19 February 1998, at 12:08:18, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

> > dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
> > problems?

Re: [HACKERS] Platform status

От
Brook Milligan
Дата:
   Any platforms missing from the complete list below?

   *  NetBSD/i386 version? - confirmed working (Brook Milligan)

NetBSD/i386 v1.3 (the current release version)

Cheers,
Brook

[HACKERS] Platform status

От
Frank Ridderbusch
Дата:
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
 > Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
 > are:
 >
 > aix/3.5 - anyone able to test? Success on aix4.x good enough??
 > hpux/9.0.x - anyone testing? there are installation differences with
 > hpux10.20. Supported?
 > irix5 - is irix6 testing enough? Should we just say irix is supported?
 > dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
 > problems?
 > linux/alpha - any progress?
 > mklinux/ppc - still core dumping on regression tests? why??
 > sco - anyone able to test? If not, moving to unsupported list :(
 > svr4 - anyone able to test? If not, ...
   ^^^^

I tried with last Sundays snapshot (I think). I got it to compile,
with some minor fixes necessary. However I was yet unable to run the
regression tests yet. It appears, I already have problems during the
initdb stage. I'm going to write a more detailed report next morning (my
local time).

 > ultrix4 - any users anymore? If not, ...
 > nextstep - moving to unsupported list unless someone claims v6.3
 > success.

One major problem is, that I can't connect with psql to the postmaster
via the UNIX domain socket. Judging from netstat (below) output the
postmaster is listening ok.

$ netstat -f unix
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address  Type          Vnode     Conn Addr
805c6f9c stream         2204        0 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Are there any SOLARIS specific ifdefs in the UNIX domain socket stuff?
If there are, I think it could very well be, that they also apply for
SVR4.
--
MfG/Regards
                     Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG

Since I have taken all the Gates out of my computer, it finally works!!

Re: [PORTS] Platform status

От
"Pedro J. Lobo"
Дата:
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

>Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
>are:

[...]

>dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
>problems?

No progress yet, as far as I can tell. I've been unable to find the time
to investigate the problem, and probably won't be able until
tuesday/wednesday next week (too much "real" work :-( ).

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM             e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es

Re: [HACKERS] Platform status

От
Ryan Kirkpatrick
Дата:
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
> are:
>
> linux/alpha - any progress?

    We have the system up and running, though not anywhere near stable
or production quality. Might put "In progress, working, but only for the
brave of heart!'
    It is still very much for developers/debuggers only (and those that
absolutely must have pgsql for Linux/Alpha ASAP). There are a number of
failed regression tests and compiler defines to still sort out.
    Hope this answers your question.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |