Обсуждение: Extensibility features in PQSQL

Extensibility features in PQSQL

От
Danushka Menikkumbura
Дата:
Hi all,

I am interesting in understanding the extensibility features available in PostgreSQL. For instance what it takes to define a new operator or a new index and in particular what goes into the query optimizer in that case.

Please kindly point me to some useful resources on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Danushka

Re: Extensibility features in PQSQL

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 03/30/2015 06:20 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am interesting in understanding the extensibility features available
> in PostgreSQL. For instance what it takes to define a new operator or a
> new index and in particular what goes into the query optimizer in that case.
>
> Please kindly point me to some useful resources on this.

I would start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-createoperator.html

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding/

--