Обсуждение: How to access the extension's operator installed with schema ?

How to access the extension's operator installed with schema ?

От
xoip
Дата:
Hello,

I'm having a problem accessing an extension's operator installed with a
schema.

PostgreSQL version: 9.1

CREATE SCHEMA inty AUTHORIZATION psql_user;
CREATE EXTENSION intarray SCHEMA inty;
SELECT inty.uniq(ARRAY[1,2,3]); --> OK, result: {1,2,3}

How can I access the operator with inty schema?

SELECT ARRAY[1,2,3] + 10; --> returns "ERROR: operator does not exist:
integer[] + integer" because the default operator (+) has other definition
SELECT ARRAY[1,2,3] fast.+ 10; --> NOT OK

Re: How to access the extension's operator installed with schema ?

Дата:
xoip <sorin.mircioiu@gmail.com> writes:
> CREATE SCHEMA inty AUTHORIZATION psql_user;
> CREATE EXTENSION intarray SCHEMA inty;
> SELECT inty.uniq(ARRAY[1,2,3]); --> OK, result: {1,2,3}

> How can I access the operator with inty schema?

The easy way is to change your search_path to include inty.
If you really don't want to do that, you can write
    OPERATOR(inty.+)
but that's pretty inconvenient.

            regards, tom lane

Re: How to access the extension's operator installed with schema ?

От
xoip
Дата:
Thank you for the quick answer, problem solved.