Обсуждение: Help needed to mount a dmp file

Help needed to mount a dmp file

От
Lux

I am new to Postgresql and have no clue. The first task given to me was to try to mount this dmp file on Postgresql which has been downloaded from Jive. I am not sure how to go about and where to start. Can someone please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Lux.

Re: Help needed to mount a dmp file

От
François Beausoleil

Le lundi 9 avril 2012 à 12:47, Lux a écrit :

> Hi,
> I am new to Postgresql and have no clue. The first task given to me was to try to mount this dmp file on Postgresql
whichhas been downloaded from Jive. I am not sure how to go about and where to start. Can someone please help me.
> Thanks & Regards,
> Lux.

You'll need either http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html or
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-pgrestore.html

It depends on whether you have a SQL dump file or a custom archive type. I believe pg_restore can restore both kinds.

You should also determine what version of PostgreSQL you're using, since that will help you with the manual links. I
likedto the 9.1 versions above.

Welcome to PostgreSQL. Hope that helps!
François

Re: Help needed to mount a dmp file

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 04/09/12 12:40 PM, François Beausoleil wrote:
> It depends on whether you have a SQL dump file or a custom archive type. I believe pg_restore can restore both kinds.

no, pg_restore can only restore from custom archives (made with pg_dump
-Fc) .   straight SQL dumps are fed to psql