Обсуждение: Configuring for very slow I/O

Configuring for very slow I/O

От
A B
Дата:
Hi there.

I'm stuck with a machine with so very slow I/O one starts to remember
the good-old-days when we had 3,5" floppies.
So I can't do anything with the hardware, but what settings in the
config should I use to make handle the extremly slow I/O?

Any suggestions?

Re: Configuring for very slow I/O

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM, A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I can't do anything with the hardware, but what settings in the
> config should I use to make handle the extremly slow I/O?

Try adjusting your random and sequential page cost tunables.  Other
than that, see if you can add lots of RAM to compensate.