Обсуждение: Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

От
Jerry Levan
Дата:
I guess I am feeling a bit cranky today :(…

Seems like Postgresql 9.1.2 has been out for a while but it has
not appeared in the updates for Fedora 16.

Today I cruised koji.fedoraproject.org and noticed that a
set of rpms appear to been built by , ummm, 'tgl' back in
early January.

Does anyone know how to kickstart the process of getting
the latest version pushed out to the repos?

Thanks,

Jerry

( Yes I know about Devrim's repository..)

Re: Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

Дата:
Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> writes:
> Seems like Postgresql 9.1.2 has been out for a while but it has
> not appeared in the updates for Fedora 16.

I beg your pardon?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-0346/postgresql-9.1.2-2.fc16
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-16803/postgresql-9.1.2-1.fc16

            regards, tom lane

Re: Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

От
Jerry Levan
Дата:
On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> writes:
>> Seems like Postgresql 9.1.2 has been out for a while but it has
>> not appeared in the updates for Fedora 16.
>
> I beg your pardon?

Sorry, they do not appear in *my* 'yum update' or yumex or the software update program.

I have been getting regular updates for many packages. ( I check daily ).

I have the 9.1.1 rpms installed…

[jerry@bigbox ~]$ rpm -qa | grep postgres
postgresql-contrib-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-plpython-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-devel-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-server-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-pltcl-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-upgrade-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-docs-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-libs-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
postgresql-9.1.1-1.fc16.i686
[jerry@bigbox ~]$ yum check-update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
updates/metalink                                         |  16 kB     00:00
 * fedora: mirror.vcu.edu
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.liberty.edu
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.liberty.edu
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
 * updates: mirror.vcu.edu
Dropbox                                                  |  951 B     00:00
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B     00:00
adobe-linux-i386/primary                                 |  11 kB     00:00
adobe-linux-i386                                                          17/17
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 3.3 kB     00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 3.3 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 4.5 kB     00:00
updates/primary_db                                       | 3.9 MB     00:19
[jerry@bigbox ~]$

I guess there is a problem on my end, tain't clear to me what the problem could be…

I must be holding it wrong...

Jerry

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-0346/postgresql-9.1.2-2.fc16
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-16803/postgresql-9.1.2-1.fc16
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

Дата:
Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> writes:
> On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I beg your pardon?

> Sorry, they do not appear in *my* 'yum update' or yumex or the software update program.

Huh.  Something broken on your end, but what?  The only thing that looks
funny to me in your output is

> [jerry@bigbox ~]$ yum check-update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's not a standard plugin (leastwise I don't see it when I run yum)
so I'm wondering if it's pointing you to a dysfunctional mirror.  Try
disabling it.

FWIW, as of today I see this on my F16 machine:

[tgl@rh3 ~]$ sudo yum check-update
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
updates/metalink                                         |  16 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 4.5 kB     00:00
updates/primary_db                                       | 5.0 MB     00:02
updates/group_gz                                         | 431 kB     00:00
updates-debuginfo/metalink                               |  13 kB     00:00
updates-debuginfo                                        | 3.1 kB     00:00
updates-debuginfo/primary_db                             | 391 kB     00:00

The fact that your "updates/primary_db" is smaller than mine seems
pretty suspicious.  I wonder whether you've been seeing any Fedora
updates at all lately?  Maybe everything you've updated has been coming
from those non-Fedora repos.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Pokey Fedora Updates for Postgresql?

От
Jerry Levan
Дата:
On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I beg your pardon?
>
>> Sorry, they do not appear in *my* 'yum update' or yumex or the software update program.
>
> Huh.  Something broken on your end, but what?  The only thing that looks
> funny to me in your output is
>
>> [jerry@bigbox ~]$ yum check-update
>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That's not a standard plugin (leastwise I don't see it when I run yum)
> so I'm wondering if it's pointing you to a dysfunctional mirror.  Try
> disabling it.
>
> FWIW, as of today I see this on my F16 machine:
>
> [tgl@rh3 ~]$ sudo yum check-update
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> updates/metalink                                         |  16 kB     00:00
> updates                                                  | 4.5 kB     00:00
> updates/primary_db                                       | 5.0 MB     00:02
> updates/group_gz                                         | 431 kB     00:00
> updates-debuginfo/metalink                               |  13 kB     00:00
> updates-debuginfo                                        | 3.1 kB     00:00
> updates-debuginfo/primary_db                             | 391 kB     00:00
>
> The fact that your "updates/primary_db" is smaller than mine seems
> pretty suspicious.  I wonder whether you've been seeing any Fedora
> updates at all lately?  Maybe everything you've updated has been coming
> from those non-Fedora repos.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Sigh, "Whenever the unlikely solutions are rejected then all that are left are the probable."

In fedora 15 I had been using Devrim's repo and had 'excluded' postgresql in the fedora
and fedora update repositories.

When fedora 16 came out I removed the exclusion from the fedora repo but NOT the update repo.
(and I disabled the pgdg repo).

Sorry for all the noise…

Jerry