Обсуждение: Large object rights management

Large object rights management

От
Giuseppe Sacco
Дата:
Hi all,
I wrote an application that store a large quantity of files in the
database as large binary objects. There are around 50 tables (all in one
schema) and only one table host all these large objects. Every user
connect to database using his own user, so all users are parts of the
same group role for granting permissione to every application user.

My problem is about large object permissions introduced in postgresql
9.0, since my application permits to everyone to insert/update/delete
any large object. Now, since 9.0, deleting a large object is only
possible for the user that owns it.

I know that 9.0 also introduced an option for reverting this behaviour
as it was in 8.4, but I wonder if there is any other way of sharing and
deleting large objects in 9.0.

Thanks,
Giuseppe

Re: Large object rights management

От
Giuseppe Sacco
Дата:
Is there anyone interested on this subject?