Обсуждение: Error with Application Stack Builder 3.0.0

Error with Application Stack Builder 3.0.0

От
alextc
Дата:
Hi all,

I am new to PostgreSQL. I have recently installed PostgreSQL 9.1 with
Application Stack Builder 3.0.0. However, I have ever had the Stack Builder
work while trying to install new software.

The error message is as below.
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4986863/postgreSQL.jpg

PostgreSQL runs a home computer with a Vista OS.  I am with no LAN, and has
ticked off LAN settings on IE.

I have tried to google around it for a while but none of results quite
solved the problem. Could anyone please give me some tips? Thanks a lot in
advance.

Cheers, Alex

Re: Error with Application Stack Builder 3.0.0

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/12/11 5:00 AM, alextc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL. I have recently installed PostgreSQL 9.1 with
> Application Stack Builder 3.0.0. However, I have ever had the Stack Builder
> work while trying to install new software.
>
> The error message is as below.
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4986863/postgreSQL.jpg

"Stack Builder" is not actually part of the PostgreSQL Database Server.
Its a third party package from EnterpriseDB they bundle with their MS
Windows port of Postgres.  You'd likely be better off asking
EnteprriseDB for help.

Re: Error with Application Stack Builder 3.0.0

От
alextc
Дата:
Thanks for your help, John.

I am working with Windows OS but is there any official (not 3rd party like
the EnterpriseDB one) PostgreSQL installer for Windows?

Thanks.

Re: Error with Application Stack Builder 3.0.0

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/13/11 3:45 AM, alextc wrote:
> I am working with Windows OS but is there any official (not 3rd party like
> the EnterpriseDB one) PostgreSQL installer for Windows?

not any more... but, you don't have to use the 'stackbuilder' to run
postgres