Обсуждение: FK violation on (emtpy) parent table

FK violation on (emtpy) parent table

От
Louis-David Mitterrand
Дата:
Hi,

I have an empty parent 'price' table with several partitioned child
tables that contain the actual data.

How can I reference the parent 'price' table in a FK? When I try I get a
FK violation. Is that expected behavior? Is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

Re: FK violation on (emtpy) parent table

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2011-08-11, Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-pgsql-general@apartia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an empty parent 'price' table with several partitioned child
> tables that contain the actual data.
>
> How can I reference the parent 'price' table in a FK? When I try I get a
> FK violation. Is that expected behavior? Is there another way to do it?

AFAIK "you can't" and "no".

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural