Обсуждение: Pgadmin goes missing in Ubuntu

Pgadmin goes missing in Ubuntu

От
Adarsh Sharma
Дата:
Dear all,

I installed postgresql from  a postgresplus-8.4.1-2-linux-x64 binary and
it is working properly in the system.Yesterday i do some work in it.

But today when I restart the system, pgadmin goes missing from
Accessories > .
I don't know the reason of this .Please let me know how to solve this.
Any other way to open pgadmin.

Thanks

Re: Pgadmin goes missing in Ubuntu

От
Adarsh Sharma

But Can U Please explain in Steps how to solve it.
I mean how to apply patch or anything.

Thanks

Chetan Suttraway wrote:
assuming this is ubuntu, checkout this link:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/800710
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pgadmin3/+bug/755770

I installed postgresql from  a postgresplus-8.4.1-2-linux-x64 binary and it is working properly in the system.Yesterday i do some work in it.

But today when I restart the system, pgadmin goes missing from Accessories > .
I don't know the reason of this .Please let me know how to solve this.
Any other way to open pgadmin.

Thanks

EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

EnterpriseDB Blog : http://blogs.enterprisedb.com

Re: Pgadmin goes missing in Ubuntu

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:18:47 am Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I installed postgresql from  a postgresplus-8.4.1-2-linux-x64 binary and
> it is working properly in the system.Yesterday i do some work in it.
>
> But today when I restart the system, pgadmin goes missing from
> Accessories > .
> I don't know the reason of this .Please let me know how to solve this.
> Any other way to open pgadmin.

Open a terminal window and type pgadmin3.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Pgadmin goes missing in Ubuntu

От
Chetan Suttraway

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

The script related to launching pgadmin is :
/opt/PostgreSQL/9.0/scripts/launchpgadmin.sh

so either you can create shortcut to this script or to pgadim3 (whose location can be seen in above script)
or can add new menu item to the left panel.

Just right click "applications"->"edit menus"->"new menu" / "new item" and point to the script.

Regards,
Chetan