Обсуждение: Fwd: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: Wei <wei725@lycos.com>
Date: May 20, 2011
Subject: [GENERAL] Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

When I install the 9.0.x version on my Window Visita Laptop, I get the error. The "Windows Scripting Host" is up. So it
isnot the topic of this article: http://1stopit.blogspot.com/2011/01/postgresql-83-and-84-fails-to-install.html

How to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

- w

class="replyBody"><blockquoteclass="email_quote" style="border-left: 2px solid #267fdb; margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 1.8ex;
class="parsedEmail"href="mailto:wei725@lycos.com" target="_blank">wei725@lycos.com</a>><br />Date: May 20, 2011<br
/>Subject:[GENERAL] Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"<br />To: <a
class="parsedEmail"href="mailto:pgsql-general@postgresql.org" target="_blank">pgsql-general@postgresql.org</a><br /><br
/><br/>When I install the 9.0.x version on my Window Visita Laptop, I get the error. The "Windows Scripting Host" is
up.So it is not the topic of this article: <a class="parsedLink"
href="http://1stopit.blogspot.com/2011/01/postgresql-83-and-84-fails-to-install.html"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general"

Re: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 22 May 2011, at 24:08, Wei wrote:

> Can anyone help?

According to the error message there's a problem with your TEMP directory, as specified in the %TEMP% environment
variable.Perhaps the postgres user isn't allowed to write there or the disk is full. Something like that.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4dd94d7711929271551138!

Re: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 05/22/11 10:52 AM, Alban Hertroys wrote:
>> Can anyone help?
> According to the error message there's a problem with your TEMP directory, as specified in the %TEMP% environment
variable.Perhaps the postgres user isn't allowed to write there or the disk is full. Something like that.

note too, thats the %TEMP% variable in the context of the service, NOT
neccessarily the desktop's %TEMP% ... this is not easy to get at and
view or modify in Windows.

Re: Fwd: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 22/05/2011 6:08 AM, Wei wrote:
> Can anyone help?

Please don't just forward a message you already sent to re-post it. Most
people will ignore it, as you discovered.

Make the minimal effort required to say "I asked this earlier and didn't
hear back. I've done a bunch of Google searching, haven't had any luck
finding the answer, and am really stuck. Would anyone mind taking a
moment to have a look? Here's a detailed list of what I've tried to do."

Yes, that requires doing some work for yourself. A quick search should
have found information including this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5224042/postgresql-9-install-on-winxp-unable-to-write-inside-temp-environment-path

and this:

   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

and of course this:

   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

... all of which would've helped you ask a question with enough
information that someone could actually help you - or answer it yourself.

--
Craig Ringer