Обсуждение: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Дата:
=3D"2">Using these instructions <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freet=
ext" href=3D"http://wiki.flexive.org/confluence/display/FX/Postgres+9.x+ins=
tallation+in+Ubuntu?focusedCommentId=3D4915206#comment-4915206">http://wiki=
.flexive.org/confluence/display/FX/Postgres+9.x+installation+in+Ubuntu?focu=
sedCommentId=3D4915206#comment-4915206
I am trying to install current pgadmin3 1.12 on an ubuntu lucid=
 client. Using the instructions above I have an Ubuntu 10.4 Postgresql 9 se=
rver up and=20
running successfully with pgadmin3 working, too. If I try this server insta=
ll on the ubuntu client it fails. Because there is no local server the pgad=
min3 install fails. Is there a way to install just pgadmin3 from the=20
tar on an ubuntu 10.4 client?*** *** *** ***&nb=
sp;*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** =
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***Marga=
ret GillonSenior Programmer-AnalystChromalloy Los&nb=
sp;Angeles2100 West 139th StreetGardena, CA=
United States 310-532-6100 extension 297fax&nbs=
p;310-329-2228Margaret=
Gillon@chromalloy.com
This e-mail message and any attachment=
(s) are for the sole use of the int=
ended recipient(s) and may contain company&nbs=
p;proprietary, privileged or confidential informati=
on.   If you are not the intended&n=
bsp;recipient(s), please contact the sender by=
 reply e-mail, advise them of the error&=
nbsp;and destroy this message and its att=
achments as well as any copies. The revi=
ew, use or distribution of this message&n=
bsp;or its content by anyone other than =
the intended recipient or senior management&nb=
sp;of the company is strictly prohibited.</div=
>"This e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the s=
ole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain company proprietary, p=
rivileged or confidential information.   If you are not the intended recipi=
ent(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail, advise them of the error=
 and destroy this message and its attachments as well as any copies. The re=
view, use or distribution of this message or its content by anyone other th=
an the intended recipient or senior management of the company is strictly p=
rohibited."

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:

http://wiki.flexive.org/confluence/display/FX/Postgres+9.x+installation+in+Ubuntu?focusedCommentId=4915206#comment-4915206

> I am trying to install current pgadmin3 1.12 on an ubuntu lucid client. Using
> the instructions above I have an Ubuntu 10.4 Postgresql 9 server up and running
> successfully with pgadmin3 working, too. If I try this server install on the
> ubuntu client it fails. Because there is no local server the pgadmin3 install
> fails. Is there a way to install just pgadmin3 from the tar on an ubuntu 10.4
> client?

The URL above doesn't ask you to install the PostgreSQL server, but its
development package (pg_config, header files and so on). You need it to
compile pgAdmin. And you need PostgreSQL libpq to use pgAdmin. That's
all you need.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Дата:
<FONT face=3D"Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=
=3D2>>And you need PostgreSQL libpq to&nbs=
p;use pgAdmin. That's all you need.>Guillau=
meSince I cannot use the Ubuntu repository what is the package name=
 for the postgresql 9 library?If I take the postgresql-9.0 out of t=
he install command on the link I sent and run the commands belowsud=
o apt-get install postgresql-client-9.0wget <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-fr=
eetext" href=3D"http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/redir/407/h/pgadmin3/releas=
e/v1.12.1/src/pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz">http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/redir=
/407/h/pgadmin3/release/v1.12.1/src/pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz<span style=
=3D"font-family: monospace;">tar xvfz pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz=
cd pgadmin3-1.12.1./conf=
igureI get the errorconfigure: error: Could not find your P=
ostgreSQL installation. You might need to use the --with-pgsql=3DDIR config=
ure optionThanks,Margaret"This =
e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended r=
ecipient(s) and may contain company proprietary, privileged or confidential=
 information.   If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact th=
e sender by reply e-mail, advise them of the error and destroy this message=
 and its attachments as well as any copies. The review, use or distribution=
 of this message or its content by anyone other than the intended recipient=
 or senior management of the company is strictly prohibited."

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Дата:
<FONT face=3D"Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=
=3D2>Correction on the commands I quoted. The first one should have be=
en for the repository.<font face=3D"Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Aria=
l,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=3D"2">>And you need PostgreS=
QL libpq to use pgAdmin. That's all you =
need.
>Guillaume
Since I cannot use the Ubuntu repository what is the package name f=
or the postgresql 9 library?
If I take the postgresql-9.0 out of the install command on the link=
 I sent and run the commands below
add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresqlsudo apt-get install pos=
tgresql-client-9.0
wget=20
<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/=
redir/407/h/pgadmin3/release/v1.12.1/src/pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz">http://www=
master.postgresql.org/redir/407/h/pgadmin3/release/v1.12.1/src/pgadmin3-1.1=
2.1.tar.gz
tar xvfz pgadmin3-1.=
12.1.tar.gz
cd pgadmin3-1.12.1
./configure
I get the error
configure: error: Could not find your PostgreSQL installation. You =
might need to use the --with-pgsql=3DDIR configure option
Thanks,
Margaret"This e-mail message and any att=
achment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contai=
n company proprietary, privileged or confidential information.   If you are=
 not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail, =
advise them of the error and destroy this message and its attachments as we=
ll as any copies. The review, use or distribution of this message or its co=
ntent by anyone other than the intended recipient or senior management of t=
he company is strictly prohibited."

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/26/2011 09:23 AM, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
> Correction on the commands I quoted. The first one should have been for
> the repository.
>
>  >And you need PostgreSQL libpq to use pgAdmin. That's all you need.
>  >Guillaume
>
> Since I cannot use the Ubuntu repository what is the package name for
> the postgresql 9 library?
>
> If I take the postgresql-9.0 out of the install command on the link I
> sent and run the commands below
>
> add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql
> sudo apt-get install postgresql-client-9.0
> wget
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/redir/407/h/pgadmin3/release/v1.12.1/src/pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz
>
> tar xvfz pgadmin3-1.12.1.tar.gz
> cd pgadmin3-1.12.1
> ./configure
>
> I get the error
>
> configure: error: Could not find your PostgreSQL installation. You might
> need to use the --with-pgsql=DIR configure option

Well according to the below there is a Lucid deb for pgAdmin 1.12 at
that repository:
https://launchpad.net/~pitti/+archive/postgresql

Try
sudo apt-get install pgadmin3

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Install Pgadmin3 1.12 on ubuntu 10.4 lucid client without postgresql server install

От
MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Дата:
>> add-apt-repository ppa:pitti/postgresql
> sudo apt-get install pgadmin3
>--
>Adrian Klaver

That did it. Thanks!
Margaret

"This e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain company
proprietary,privileged or confidential information.   If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the
senderby reply e-mail, advise them of the error and destroy this message and its attachments as well as any copies. The
review,use or distribution of this message or its content by anyone other than the intended recipient or senior
managementof the company is strictly prohibited."