Обсуждение: Installing Postgres with MS SQL Server 2005

Installing Postgres with MS SQL Server 2005

От
"Shobhit Jain"

Dear Concern,

I have a machine on which MS SQL Server 2005 is already installed. Now I want to install PostgreSQL 8.3 along with MS SQL Server.

Can  this combination cause  any problems to any of the database servers?

Regards,

Shobhit Jain

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd (NSTL) accepts no responsibilities for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damages from virus and further acknowledges that no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of NSTL.

Re: Installing Postgres with MS SQL Server 2005

От
Mike Christensen
Дата:
> I have a machine on which MS SQL Server 2005 is already installed. Now I
> want to install PostgreSQL 8.3 along with MS SQL Server.
>

> Can  this combination cause  any problems to any of the database servers?

You should not run into any problems, both servers run on different
ports (by default) so both should run happily side by side.

Re: Installing Postgres with MS SQL Server 2005

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:28:14PM +0530, Shobhit Jain wrote:
> I have a machine on which MS SQL Server 2005 is already installed. Now I
> want to install PostgreSQL 8.3 along with MS SQL Server.
>

> Can  this combination cause  any problems to any of the database servers?

Well, you might find that they're contending for resources, and that
neither one of them is especially co-operative when they're starved of
the resource they want.  But otherwise, I can't think of any reason it would.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca