Обсуждение: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
Hi

I've been thinking of switching from using git builds of 9.0 to the RC
now that it's out, so I can do some testing on the proposed release
packaging.

It seems that the FC13 PGDG RPMs appear here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0rc1/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/

but not in the Yum repo on pgsqlrpms.org:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/

that the main download page:

http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux#yum

refers users to:

https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki/

--
Craig Ringer

Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 21:15 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I've been thinking of switching from using git builds of 9.0 to the
> RC
> now that it's out, so I can do some testing on the proposed release
> packaging.
>
> It seems that the FC13 PGDG RPMs appear here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0rc1/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/
>
> but not in the Yum repo on pgsqlrpms.org:
>
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/

The packages in FTP site are here:

http://yum.pgrpms.org

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 06/09/10 14:22, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 21:15 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>> I've been thinking of switching from using git builds of 9.0 to the
>> RC
>> now that it's out, so I can do some testing on the proposed release
>> packaging.
>>
>> It seems that the FC13 PGDG RPMs appear here:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0rc1/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/
>>
>> but not in the Yum repo on pgsqlrpms.org:
>>
>> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/
>
> The packages in FTP site are here:
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org

Good to know, thanks. Perhaps the PostgreSQL download page needs to be
updated? Currently:

  http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux

has a "CentOS, Fedora and RHEL Yum Repository" that links to:

  https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki/

which appears to use yum.pgsqlrpms.org not yum.pgrpms.org . The direct
download link uses yum.pgsqlrpms.org and the config rpms contain yum
repos.d files with:

baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-$releasever-$basearch

... so if yum.pgrpms.org is the new official host, the download page
needs updating to refer to the new host.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/

Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 15:53 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> ... so if yum.pgrpms.org is the new official host.

It is not :)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 06/09/10 16:26, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 15:53 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>> ... so if yum.pgrpms.org is the new official host.
>
> It is not :)

OK. Well, there are still no FC13 RPMs on the official yum repo - so I
guess my question about why there are FC13 RPMs in official FTP but not
the offical yum repo stands.

Your repo may be handy - but it's not easily found by people who want to
install Pg to test 9.0 or install the latest 8.4, which is what my post
was about. For myself I can just lftp the rpms and "yum install *rpm"
locally, after all.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/

Re: FC13 RPMs for 9.0 - on postgresql.org ftp, but not in yum repo?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 09:22 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> > It seems that the FC13 PGDG RPMs appear here:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0rc1/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-13-x86_64/
> >
> > but not in the Yum repo on pgsqlrpms.org:
> >
> > http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/9.0/fedora/

Sorry about that. We missed the push to the repo on RC13. They should be
up in the next hour.

Joshua D. Drake